Submit the form to create a .zip file with your own WordPress starter theme for full site editing.
Information about the different theme types:
Seven site templates: Index, single, page, archive, category, 404, and search.
Four custom templates for posts and pages: No title, page with sidebar, post with sidebar, featured image above the post title. Plus additional WooCommerce templates.
Five template parts: Header, header narrow, footer, footer narrow, and sidebar.
Seven block patterns:
Three patterns are hidden from the inserter and used with the pattern block.
Example patterns: Columns with circular images, media & text with two images, post header with featured image, and quote with an image.
Custom (selectable) block styles: Flat button and button with shadow. Sticky header, box shadow, text shadow.
Block styles for buttons, file, post title, quote, search, latest comments, latest posts. Additional styles for HTML form elements (buttons, input, text area, select)
Register block variation
Unregister block style
Unregister block pattern and block pattern category
Four colors: Background, foreground, primary and secondary, plus transparent.
Eight gradients, three duotones.
Extra small (custom), small, medium, large, extra large (xl) and xxl (custom).
Font families: system fonts, serif, monospace. Lora (google font example).
Two custom spacing properties:
h-spacing (horizontal spacing), and v-spacing (vertical spacing.
Styling is applied to the following blocks: Button, code, post navigation link, query pagination, post author, post date, post terms, and latest comments.
I do not store any data, including your name/username, theme name, or links when you submit the form.
Reporting problems or submitting ideas
Please use this GitHub repository to report problems with the generator and the themes.
You can find the code for the different themes in the same repository.
- Improve the information about the build tools.
- July 2, 2022: Added WooCommerce templates to the advanced theme.
- June 30 2022: Removed the 5.9 theme version.
Fixed a bug with the code that updated the content width.
Updated the empty theme version so that it works with the color options in the form. Added the “no code” theme version.
- Added WordPress 6.0 version.
- The 5.8 version has been retired and is only available via GitHub.
- Added a global style variation to the advanced theme.
- Replaced some CSS that was repeated in the .css files with CSS custom properties so that they can be reused by global style variations.
- I added basic theme.json setting options.
- Updated color names, duotone, and gradients.
- I updated the 5.9 theme version to actually require WordPress 5.9.